Monday, May 23, 2011

Time Flies

Wow, have I been a slacker with my blog. Here is the abridged version of my life the past month:

DD stomach virus. Then I get it. Bday & Mom day present= throwing  back out twice. Final exams in which prescription drugs play a hand. Beach trip with Hand, Foot, Mouth. Anniversary spent on the road home. DD gets stomach virus again. Then I get it. Physical Therapy.

Thus ends the 2010-2011 school year. Praying for patience as I wait to hear from Pharmacy school. Praying for patience with my kids as we are all thrown together all summer. Now that DS is out of preschool, he is asking to go every day (this never happened when he COULD have gone!). A friend and I have decided that our kids need go to summer school, so we will be conducting preschool two days a week, and exercising while they are having their playground time. As a matter of fact, exercise and diet are on my Summer Resolution List. Especially with my current back problems. I am really down the the "must do" point. I have found a really great website with a huge database of caloric counts (www.myfitnesspal.com), and am discovering many restaurant chain websites that allow you to customize their menu to get the caloric level you need (panera has a great app!). Who knew?

My other goal is to get my house in order. Flylady.com will be my constant friend. All this in addition to speech therapy for DS, a night class two days a week for me, and PT makes for a busy summer! A deep thought to leave you with...Consider someone you know who "has it all together". Is it because it's in their nature, or is it survival mode because they are naturally as disorganized as us? Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment